I'm spending six months in Thailand just outside of Bangkok working with children who have disabilities. These are some of my thoughts and experiences

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Happy Halloween!

Oct 31

Happy Halloween everyone! There’s no kids coming to the door asking for candy here, and even if there were I don’t think I’d understand them. Yesterday I took one of the guys to church with me. TakTan had to help a lot though. We took Peetaya to church and he really liked going. He wants to go to church every week he can but there isn’t always people who are able to take him. We went to church and then took him to McDonalds afterwards. He liked that food a lot better than the food he gets on a normal basis! He was talking to the other staff today about it and said how much he really liked going yesterday.
Today was payday for the staff also and some of them invited me and Sarah out to eat dinner with them at Sizzler. They don’t do it often but it’s a nice treat for them to be able to do. It was fun being there with them, even though we didn’t understand much of what was being said at all! The other thing I learned was that dinner at Sizzler didn’t mean a 1 hour endeavor. We met them there at 5 o’clock and didn’t leave until around 9 o’clock! It was lots of fun though and a great chance to bond more with the staff. Well, my Halloween was good, I hope that yours will be too.
Happy Trick or Treating everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home