I'm spending six months in Thailand just outside of Bangkok working with children who have disabilities. These are some of my thoughts and experiences

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

wednesday night

It's already wednesday night here. Time goes quick! We've spent the last 4 days travelling around the city here seeing a few of the different sites in Bangkok and visiting with friends. Monday and Tuesday we went to CCD to visit the kids and some of the staff. It was nice to see the staff again and talk to koon Wasan a bit about how CCD is doing. Everything there seems to be really blessed. They have been able to get a few more programs started up since I left last time. For the older guys that live there they have a couple different farms that they are starting where they can learn to raise livestock and work with fruit trees.

It has been really good connecting with past volunteers and Thai staff. Friday we are leaving for Northeastern Thailand to visit P Charlee and the church there. Should be about 6 hours on a bus for us. I'm really looking forward to seeing them again and spending a few days up there. Keep us in prayer for the language though as they do not know any english and my thai is a bit rusty still. We will be out of communication until monday when we return then we plan on staying around the city for another day after that. I think Koon Wasan will be able to get me in to see the boys at the place i worked before even though they are not letting in foreign volunteers. Pray for that opportunity also as i'm really looking forward to it.

Everything else is going great and we are loving the time here. It's really been a great trip so far being back for a visit. Thanks for the help and prayers! I'l write agains oon

1 Comments:

Blogger Becky Durham said...

Hooray! An update! Whitney and I prayed for you this afternoon. Enjoy your time in the country!

Give my love to your sherpa. I miss her (and you, too, I suppose).

<3

1:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home