I'm spending six months in Thailand just outside of Bangkok working with children who have disabilities. These are some of my thoughts and experiences

Thursday, February 04, 2010

Thursday evening

Today we went to the zoo. Vallerie wanted to see an elephant and they had a place there where you could feed them for like 65 cents. She seemed to like that. My Thai is coming along which is nice because tomorrow first thing in the morning we are heading to Buriram to visit P Charlee and the church. I'm hoping everything goes good with the planning for helping to sponsor the children in the area with finishing high school. The setup with this part of the trip has been a bit more difficult since they do not speak english and talking Thai over the phone isn't the easiest thing. It will be good to see them and try to get an idea what P Charlee thinks will be the best plan for helping the children there.

The bus ride there could also be a bit of an adventure too. I have already gotten lost going there once and hopefully won't be making the same mistakes again. Should be about 6 hours on a bus to get there so we're going to have to get started early tomorrow morning.

Vallerie seems to be adjusting to Thailand more each day which is good because Bangkok can feel very large at first. I'm loving the ability to eat the food again and enjoying some of the nuances of the culture that I miss also. It's been pretty hot here the last week, but personally I'd take that over the cold back home anyday!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Allison said...

Sawadee ka! I'm gald things are going so well! Praying for your trip up north. Hope you made it by now. Praying that you get to see the CCD guys as well. I really hope that works out for you!

8:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home