I'm spending six months in Thailand just outside of Bangkok working with children who have disabilities. These are some of my thoughts and experiences

Saturday, January 19, 2008

No pictures yet...

I'm having troubles loading pictures up on the blog here so I'm going to have to get another site to load some pictures on to. But not to worry, they should be coming soon!
It's about 91 degrees here in Bangkok, which is pretty nice here now. The evenings cool off a bit which is great. It's supposed to get hotter from now on, but I'm enjoying it now. I say this because I just looked at the weather back home and it's like 3 degrees! I think I picked a good time to be here.

This weekend has been pretty quiet around the house which is nice. Half the house has gone to a beach somewhere and the rest of us have just been around the area. One of the girls had a friend come in for the weekend. Other than that I was able to get my laundry done and catch up on a few things. It's really nice to be back and meet up with people that I haven't seen in a couple years and also to meet some new people that have come here to help out. It seems like everytime I come there are more people here helping out with the children in the government wards. This is encouraging.

On friday some important lady from the Thai government came to CCD to see the work being done there and visit the children. This was a good idea, but they came 3 1/2 hours late. By the time they had gotten there most of the children were already supposed to be back at the wards and getting ready to eat dinner. It was then that I realized that cranky children tend to throw teddy bears across the room if you don't feed them first. The lady came with a big bag of gifts but some of the kids had nothing to do with them! Oh well, it was a nice thought and I was glad for her coming. Maybe the kids will be calmer by tomorrow...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work.

10:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home