I'm spending six months in Thailand just outside of Bangkok working with children who have disabilities. These are some of my thoughts and experiences

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Frankie goes to Hollywood

It was a good day with the guys today. Thursday is usally movie day which the guys seem to like a bit. I was sitting next to Pittaya who kept hitting me in the back of the head when I wasn't looking. Then at lunch time I went to get the food and there was only two pots instead of three. I took the empty pot back and pretended to dump it over sen's head. He was laughing so hard he fell over in his wheelchair and just about took the table with him. The guys thought it was pretty funny.

And then there's Frankie. His Thai name is perm, but we call him Frankie for some reason. Today after work me and Berg, my roomie, took Frankie and Samer to the movie theater place near the house called Hollywood Majors. There's a KFC on the bottom of it where we took the guys. One of the girls from Rachawadee girls came, Gat Gow, and a couple of the babies came out too. All in all, there were 13 people there. After the KFC we took them to an ice cream place called Swensons. They claim to be America's favorite, but I've never heard of them before. The guys really liked the food and ice cream and were really excited for the opportunity to get out and do something different. They were looking forward to it all day long. We play to do it pretty regularly with the guys, either to there or off to church with us on Sundays. They really get a kick out of it and are soo excited when they get the chance to get out.

Good news about the visa problems. We don't have to go to Laos. We can actually choose to go to any country we want to. Well, I had already known this, but what I didn't know was that Cambodia seemed to be a much better choice than Laos. I think that the entire trip can be done in a day and costs less in the long run. I think we'll go next Wednesday. Thanks for the prayers, I'm relieved not to have to spend the weekend in Laos. Hopefully this works out well for us!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear that God is working everything out! Speaking of visas, I just got one for Australia today.

10:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home