I'm spending six months in Thailand just outside of Bangkok working with children who have disabilities. These are some of my thoughts and experiences

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Typical Tuesday



It was Tuesday today which means that we take some of the guys to the adventure room and throw balls at them. First thing first though, we burried Sen (on the right) and Nin (left) in the balls before we tossed them all out and hurled them across the room. Every week on Tuesday we come here and we grab some different guys to go with us so most of the guys only come here every couple months or so. It was a good time today. I was able to use Nin as a shield against the balls flying at me. He turned out to be good at blocking for me. Sen on the other hand, tackled me at a couple points in time and held me down while I was being pelted by everyone else. Nin? Yeah, he tried to get away when Sen pinned me down. Some blocker he turned out to be.

This afternoon we took some kids out and played some games with them. A lot of the guys in one of the wards now are sick with stomach promlems so a lot of them couldn't come out today. In the other ward most of the guys have skin problems, like scabbies so only two of them could come. I hope that the problems go away soon. It's no fun having to see the kids suffer like that and the days are slower when we can't take as many out with us.

On Valentines day we're supposed to help the guys make some cards and then bring them over to the girls daycare center to pass them out. It would be nice to hang out with them for a change. It should be a nice party Thursday. I'm also looking forward to Saturday when I get to go to lunch with one of the guys from the wards. He doesn't come to CCD anymore but he used to the first time I was here. His name is Bok and he does some paintings using his feet. He remembers me each time I come back and he always looks forward to spending time with me. He wanted to go on an outing with me, so as long as Saturday works out for the staff in the ward, I"ll be taking him along with a Canadien lady here who has been doing a lot of work among the boys, especially Bok, for a while now. I'm hoping it all goes well this week though and that the overall health of the guys on the wards gets better soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home